Meetings on the Bridge (MoB) is the international co-production and networking platform organized within the scope of the İstanbul International Film Festival. The 13th edition of MoB took place on 11-14 April.
This year 11 fiction and one documentary feature film projects have been selected among 98 submissions to Film Development Workshop.
Among the participants of this year’s selection are; Fikret Reyhan, the winner of Golden Tulip Best Film Award at 36th Istanbul Film Festival with his debut film Yellow Heat; Burak Çevik, whose debut film The Pillar of Salt will be premiering at Berlinale Forum this year; Gürcan Keltek, the director Meteors the documentary which premiered in Locarno Film Festival; Senem Tüzen whose first film Motherland premiered in 72th Venice Film Festival and Ercan Kesal, an established writer, scriptwriter, and actor.
Projects selected for Film Development Workshop:
- A Day or Part of a Day (dir. Burak Çevik, prod. Selman Nacar - Fol Film)
- A Journey (dir. Fikret Reyhan, prod. Nizamettin Reyhan)
- Direct Sale (dir. Abdurrahman Öner, prod. Arzu Şenses Öner - Buhar Film Production)
- Far From Himself (dir. Yunus Ozan Korkut, prod. Okan Üzey, Suzan Güverte - Kalavara Film)
- Glasgow (dir. Sinan Kesova, prod. Yoel Meranda - Kamara Film)
- Hopefully Candidate (dir. Ercan Kesal, prod. Kerem Çatay- Ay Yapım, Ercan Kesal - Poyraz Film)
- My Brother's Army (dir. Senem Tüzen, prod. Adam Isenberg - Zela Film)
- Everything In It’s Right Place (dir. Berrak Çolak, prod. Engin Palabıyık - Harikulade Film)
- New Dawn Fades (dir. Gürcan Keltek, prod. Arda Çiltepe, Marc Van Goethem - 29P FILMS)
- Normal (dir. Ali Kemal Çınar, prod. Sinan Yusufoğlu)
- Penny Bank (dir. Ferit Karol, prod. Nefes Polat)
- The List of Those Who Love Me (dir. Emre Erdoğdu, prod. Emine İzmir, Zeynep Koray; co-prod. Hazar Ergüçlü - Rementad)
The selected filmmakers made the first presentations of their new film projects at Film Development Workshop on April 12th and 13th. Directors and producers of the selected films attended more than 205 meetings with 95 international cinema professionals from Europe and the rest of the world and took the first steps for future collaborations.
Film Development Workshop jury members Vincenzo Bugno (Berlinale / World Cinema Fund), Rickard Olsson (Picture Tree International), Zsuzsanna Kiraly (Komplizen Film), Teresa Hoefert de Turegano (Medienboard Berlin Brandenburg) and Giovanni Robbiano (MFI) decided on the award winning teams after the project presentations.
The projects and films that received the Meetings on the Bridge awards were announced at a reception hosted by l’Institut Français Istanbul on Tuesday, 13 April.
The director Ali Kemal Çınar, the producer Sinan Yusufoğlu and the co-producer Nesra Gürbüz of the project Normal received the 30.000 TL Meetings on the Bridge Award from Gülin Üstün.
The Film Development Workshop and the Neighbours Platform projects were all eligible for the 8000 Euro CNC Award. The award was presented to Gürcan Keltek the director and Arda Çiltepe, the producer of the project Yeni Şafak Solarken / New Dawn Fades by Christophe Pécot, Regional Audiovisual Attaché for the French Embassy in Turkey.
Melodika Sound Award was presented to Emre Erdoğdu, the director and Zeynep Koray and Emine İzmir, the producers of the project Beni Sevenler Listesi / The List of Those Who Love Me by Didem Oğuz, Taylan Oğuz, the co-founders of Melodika.
The producer Selman Nacar and the director Burak Çevik of the project Bir Gün ya da Günün Bir Parçası / A Day Or Part Of A Day received the GeniusPark Special Effects Award from Sema Duran, the VFX Executive Producer in GeniusPark.
The Mediterranean Film Institute (MFI) Script and Development Workshop Award was presented to the producer Adam Isenberg for their project My Brother’s Army.
The Transilvania Pitch Stop Award was given to Engin Palabıyık the producer and Berrak Çolak, the director of the project Paşa Gönlüm İstedi Kayboldum / Everything In Its Right Place.
The content of this publication, supported by the Istanbul Development Agency and prepared within the scope of Innovative Workshops and Improving the Creativity and Commercial Success Capacities of National Film Industry Actors Project, does not reflect the views of Istanbul Development Agency or Development Ministry and Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts is the only party responsible for the content.