|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Koen Mortier
- BELGIUM, THE NETHERLANDS, SENEGAL / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 105’ / French, Wolof; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Koen Mortier
- Original Work: Dimitri Verhulst
- Director of Photography: Nicolas Karakatsanis
- Editing: Nico Leunen
- Music: Soulsavers
- Cast: Vincent Rottiers, Fatou N’Diaye, Paul Bartel
- Producer: Eurydice Gysel, Koen Mortier
- Production Co.: CZAR Film & TV, Anonymes Films, Graniet Film
- World Sales: Oration Films
- Print Source: CZAR Film & TV
Thierry is a world renowned cyclist who is going through a rough patch in his career. He goes to Dakar, the capital of Senegal, to get away from his problems and blow off steam. One night at a local bar he meets the gorgeous Fae. These two wounded souls immediately become smitten with each other and bond over the course of a night spent in a hotel room, but fate has a different plan for them. In his new film, director Koen Mortier of Ex Drummer-fame is inspired by the final days of famed Belgian cyclist Frank Vandenbroucke, who passed away at a young age. Cinematographer Nicholas Karakatsanis paints Senegal in colors that perfectly match the mood of star-crossed lovers whereas the soundtrack by the electronica duo Soulsavers underlines their tragedy.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.