|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
ONCE UPON A TIME IN NOVEMBER
PEWNEGO GO RAZU W LISTOPADZIE…
- Director: Andrzej Jakimowski
- POLAND / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 88´ / Polish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Andrzej Jakimowski
- Director of Photography: Adam Bajerski
- Editing: Cezary Grzesiuk
- Music: Tomasz Gassowski
- Cast: Grzegorz Palkowski, Agata Kulesza, Edward Hogg, Alina Szewczyk, Krzysztof Kiersznowski
- Producer: Andrzej Jakimowski
- Production Co.: Zjednoczenie Artystów i Rzemieślników Sp. z o.o.
- World Sales: Wide
Agata, a laid-off teacher, is evicted from her house which she lived in with her law student son Mareczek. They desperately wander from one hostel to another, and from homeless shelters to abandoned plots all over Warsaw. Over time they are joined by a stray dog they named “Buddy”. In a social system where nobody cares about the poor and rules are more important than empathy, these two educated people have to face new indignities every day. Polish director Jakimowski employs a journalistic approach as he confronts us with the harrowing fact that the middle class is just a few missteps away from being homeless in his film that follows in the footsteps of Ken Loach, Oliver Stone, and Michael Moore. Premiering at the Warsaw Film Festival, Once Upon A Time In November stars Agata Kulesza, the aunt in Ida as Agata.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.