Friday, April 6
Today at the Festival
Watch the Opening Live!
The festival is beginning today with the opening ceremony taking place at İstanbul Lütfi Kırdar Convention and Exhibition Centre. The event hosting all the national and international guests where we will be celebrating the 37th anniversary of the festival will be aired live with Vodafone TV live broadcast which will begin at 19.30 with the red carpet walk and continue with the ceremony at 20.30.
At this special night, actress Perihan Savaş, screenwriter and writer Osman Şahin, director Aram Gülyüz, and producer Arif Keskiner will be given the festival’s Cinema Honorary Awards. Cevdet Pişkin, who has been managing one of the oldest movie theaters of the festival, Atlas Sineması, for 22 years, will be given the award for Outstanding Contribution to Cinema.
The films and sections of the festival programme will be presented at the gala, the guests of which include master director Peter Greenaway and his wife Saskia Boddeke. Having attended the festival many times as a guest, this year Greenaway takes part in the festival with the film The Greenaway Alphabet that his wife Bodekke made about him.
Another prominent figure attending the opening night is celebrated actor Travis Fimmel. The opening film of the festival, Lean on Pete, will be screened after the Fimmel’s introduction.
Meetings on the Bridge
We’re Meeting on the Bridge to begin the first day of the festival with the first session of the series “TV Series Becoming Digital 2”.
The session will begin with the screening of the first episode of the series 7 Faces, and continue with the talk “The Story of Creation and Production” taking place between 12.15 and 13.30. Director Tunç Şahin, producer Cihan Aslı Filiz and the content manager of BluTV, Sarp Kalfaoğlu, will be attending this event at Soho House, and all you need to do to join us is to send an email to email@example.com.
Today’s Additional Screenings
At 19.00 at Atlas Sineması – You Were Never Really Here
At 19.00 at Rexx Sineması – Isle of Dogs
At 21.30 at Beyoğlu Sineması – Disobedience
Tomorrow at the Festival
Tomorrow’s screenings with the participation of directors, producers or actors:
- Longing from the section “Bests of the Fests” at 11.00 at Cinemaximum Zorlu Center with the participation of the film’s screenwriter and director Savi Gabizon;
- Greenaway Alphabet from the section “Documentary Time with NTV” at 11.00 at Beyoğlu Sineması with the participation of the film’s director Saskia Boddeke and Peter Greenaway;
- Father from the section “Documentary Time with NTV” at 13.30 at Cinemaximum City’s Nişantaşı 3 Hall, with the participation of the film’s screenwriter and director Arshad Khan;
- The Reports on Sarah and Saleem from the section “Bests of the Fests” at 16.00 at Cinemaximum City’s Nişantaşı 3rd Hall, with the participation of the film’s director Muayad Alayan and actor Adeeb Safadi;
- A Season in France from the section “Human Rights in Cinema Competition” at 19.00 at Beyoğlu Sineması, with the participation of the film’s director Mahamat-Saleh Haroun;
- In Blue from the section “Bests of the Fests” at 19.00 at Cinemaximum City’s Nişantaşı 3rd Hall, with the participation of actor Bogdan Iancu;
- My Generation from the section “Documentary Time with NTV” at 21.30 at Beyoğlu Sineması, with the participation of the film’s director David Batty;
- Lean On Pete from the section “Vodafone Red Galas” at 21.30 at Cinemaximum City’s Nişantaşı Sinemaları 7th Hall, with the participation of the actor Travis Fimmel;
- Holidayfrom the section “Mined Zone” at 21.30 at Cinemaximum City’s Nişantaşı 3rd Hall, with the participation of the director Isabella Eklöf.
The Festival Starts with “Bergman: 100 Years”
This year’s first festival talk is dedicated to the legendary director Ingmar Bergman on the centenary of his birth. The director of Bergman Center, Jannike Åhlund and film critic Nil Kural will be attending this talk on Bergman’s cinema. Nine classic Bergman films selected by directors from Turkey can be seen during the festival. Cinephiles simply cannot miss the opportunity to attend this talk which will take place at 16.00 at this year’s festival center, Yapı Kredi Kültür Sanat.
Tomorrow at the Bridge
The second session of Meetings on the Bridge will begin with the screening of the Turkish series Personality which has just started to be aired on the webpage PuhuTV. The screening will take place between 11.00 and 12.00, and then there will be a discussion about the production process of the series between 12.15 and 13.30 with the participation of its directors Onur Saylak, screenwriter Hakan Günday and producer Kaan Tolga Değirmenci.
Events of the Meetings on the Bridge will continue with the screening of Ceylan Özgün Özçelik’s first feature film, Inflame, taking place between 14.30 and 16.10. Following the screening another session called From the First Idea to the Screen will begin, and the film’s entire process from scriptwriting to the distribution process will be discussed with the participation of the film’s director Ceylan Özgün Özçelik and the producer Armağan Lale.
In order to attend these events, all you need to do is to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.