Thursday, April 12
Today's screenings with the participation of directors, producers, or actors:
- Sarajevo March from the section “National Documentary Competition” at 11:00 at Pera Museum Auditorium, with the participation of the director Ersan Bayraktar;
- Looking for Oum Kulthum from the section “Musicians” at 13:30 at Atlas Sineması, with the participation of the director-screenwriter Shirin Neshat;
- Another Train Gıdı Gıdı from the section “National Documentary Competition” at 13:30 at Pera Museum Auditorim, with the participation of the director Yasin Ali Türkeri;
- Winter Light from the section “Bergman: 100 Years” at 13:30 at Beyoğlu Sineması, with the presentation of director Semih Kaplanoğlu;
- The Gulf from the section “National Competition” at 16:00 at Atlas Sineması, with the participation of the director-screenwriter Emre Yeksan;
- Black, Not Gray: Ankara Rocks! from the section “Musicians” at 16:00 at Beyoğlu Sineması, with the participation of the director Ufuk Önen;
- Scaffolding from the section “Young Masters” at 16:00 at Cinemaximum Zorlu Center, with the participation of the director Matan Yair and the actor Asher Lax;
- Watchman from the section “Out of Competition” at 19:00 at Beyoğlu Sineması, with the participation of the director Durmuş Akbulut;
- The Home from the section “International Competition” at 19:00 at Cinemaximum City’s Nişantaşı 7th Hall, with the participation of the director Asghar Yousefinejad;
- Handle with Care from the section “Best of the Fests” at 13:30 at Cinemaximum Zorlu Center, with the participation of the director Arild Andresen;
- Put to the Things from the section “National Competition” at 21:30 at Atlas Sineması, with the participation of the director Onur Ünlü;
- Shut Up and Play the Piano from the section “Musicians” at 21:30 at Atlas Sineması 2nd Hall, with the participation of the director Philipp Jedicke;
Ufuk Önen’s documentary film Black, Not Grey: Ankara Rocks!, which will be screened on April 17 for the 37th Istanbul Film Festival, focuses on the love and hate relationship between musicians and the city of Ankara. The exciting underground music scene of Ankara is coming to Salon İKSV today at 20:30 and Demir Demirkan, Son Feci Bisiklet, Kalben, Razor and the guest artists Ufuk Önen, Özge Fışkın and Asena Özçetin will be performing on the stage to honor the film and Ankara.
Standing: TRY 60, Student: TRY 45.
For the tickets: http://www.biletix.com/etkinlik/VIFP3/TURKIYE/tr
Today at Meetings on the Bridge
It will be a busy day for Meetings on the Bridge tomorrow. The participants will begin the day with the talk “Meet the Funds and Markets” taking place between 10:00 and 11:15 at Yapı Kredi Kültür Sanat. Selin Murat from Parabola Films will moderate the talk and representatives of funds and coproduction markets from different parts of the world will be giving information about conditions of application and participation.
Following this event, there will be another talk called “Meet the Festivals” which will take place between 11:45 and 14:00 and moderated by Armağan Lale from Filmada. Representatives of international film festivals will be the speakers. Sarajevo, Karlovy Vary, Locarno, Venice and Tokyo Film Festivals are only some of the many festivals represented in this event.
The panel titled “Women in Film: What has changed until today and what is next?” taking place between 15:30 and 17:00 at Yapı Kredi Kültür Sanat Loca, shouldn’t be missed. Kadir Has University Faculty Member Melis Behlil will moderate the talk where female filmmakers from all around the world will be gathering to discuss gender equality in film industry, the improvements made so far, and what should be done.
To participate in any of these events, send us an email at email@example.com.