Friday, April 13
Eurimages: Like an entrance exam
Meetings on the Bridge started its last day with the panel “Eurimages: All You Need to Know about Eurimages”. Eurimages Project Manager Francine Raveney and Eurimages Representative in Turkey, Zülfikar Kürüm were the panelists who shared lots of technical and useful information for filmmakers who want to apply to Eurimages with their projects.
Going to the festival or not being able to…
Meetings on the Bridge continued with the panel “Documentary: Road to the Festival”. Director-producer Carlos Hagerman, HotDocs industry programmer Dorota Lech and director-producer Niek Koppen were the panelists and editor-director Eytan İpeker moderated the talk.
Editing: An incredible area of conflict …
Another Meetings on the Bridge event was “Editing: Creative Collaborations” where the panelists, editor-director Eytan İpeker and director Zeynep Budak discussed the relationship between the editor and the director and talked touched upon many subjects from the criteria in selecting an editor to co-working practices.
If there’s a story, make it a film; if it’s a dilemma, make it a series!
The last event of Meetings on the Bridge was “Drama Series: Big Ideas, Small Screen” with the participation of screenwriters Ece Yörenç and Berkun Oya, screenwriter-advisor Soni Jorgenson and Torino Film Lab’s director Eilon Ratzkovsky. Producer Yamaç Okur moderated the talk in which the participants compared story-writing forms in TV and in digital platforms, and then they talked about what has changed in today’s market.
Meetings on the Bridge Awards Announced!
13th edition of Meetings on the Bridge was held on 6 – 14 April 2018 within the scope of 37th Istanbul Film Festival. The projects and films that received the Meetings on the Bridge awards were announced at a reception hosted by L’Institut Français Istanbul on Friday, 13 April.
- The director Ali Kemal Çınar, the producer Sinan Yusufoğlu and the co-producer Nesra Gürbüz of the project Normal received the Meetings on the Bridge Award of 30.000 TL from Gülin Üstün.
- The Film Development Workshop and the Neighbours Platform projects were all eligible for the 8000 Euro CNC Award. The award was presented to Gürcan Keltek the director and Arda Çiltepe, the producer of the project Yeni Şafak Solarken / New Dawn Fades by Christophe Pécot, Regional Audiovisual Attaché for the French Embassy in Turkey.
- Melodika Sound Award was presented to Emre Erdoğdu, the director and Zeynep Koray and Emine İzmir, the producers of the project Beni Sevenler Listesi / The List of Those Who Love Me by Didem Oğuz, Taylan Oğuz, the co-founders of Melodika .
- The producer Selman Nacar and the director Burak Çevik of the project Bir Gün ya da Günün Bir Parçası / A Day Or Part Of A Day received the GeniusPark Special Effects Award from Sema Duran, the VFX Executive Producer in GeniusPark.
- The Mediterranean Film Institute (MFI) Script and Development Workshop Award was presented to the producer Adam Isenberg for their project My Brother’s Army.
- The Transilvania Pitch Stop Award was given to Engin Palabıyık the producer and Berrak Çolak, the director of the project Paşa Gönlüm İstedi Kayboldum / Everything In Its Right Place.
- Postbıyık Sound Production Award which was delivered for the first time this year at Meetings on the Bridge was received by the director Rati Tsiteladze and producer Nino Varsimashvili of project The Empty House.
- Color Up Award that covers the expenses of online editing and colour grading and Daire Creative Key Art Design Award is presented to the director Ali Vatansever and producer Selin Tezcan Vatansever of the film Saf by Cenk Erol, the founder of Color Up and Arda Aktaş and Eren Erdem, the co-founders of Daire Creative.
- The Başka Sinema Award was presented to director Osman Doğan and producers Sinan Sertel and Turgay Şahin of the film Güvercin Hırsızları / The Pigeon Thieves by Azize Tan, the director of Başka Sinema.
- Paz Digital Communication Award was presented to the director Ramin Matin and the producer Emine Yıldırım of the film Son Çıkış / Siren’s Call by the founder of Paz Film Agency İmre Tezel.