|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
AND BREATHE NORMALLY
- Director: Ísold Uggadóttir
- ICELAND, SWEDEN, BELGIUM / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 100´ / Icelandic, English, Creole; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ísold Uggadóttir
- Director of Photography: Ita Zbroniec-Zajt
- Editing: Frédérique Broos
- Music: Gísli Galdur
- Cast: Kristín Thóra Haraldsdóttir, Babetida Sadjo, Patrik Nökkvi Pétursson
- Producer: Skúli Malmquist
- Production Co.: Zik Zak Filmworks, Entre Chien et Loup, Cinenic Film, Pegasus Pictures, Skot Productions
- World Sales: The Match Factory
- Turkish Rights: Filmartı
- 2018 SUNDANCE Directing Award–World Cinema Dramatic
- 2018 GÖTEBORG FIPRESCI Prize
And Breathe Normally, which had an award-winning debut at Sundance, examines the relationship between an Icelandic mother and a Guinean immigrant woman. The film, which is compared to social realist films of Ken Loach and Dardenne brothers, is the first feature by İsold Uggadottir, who received more than 100 awards for her short films and is hailed as the rising star of Icelandic cinema. And Breathe Normally doesn’t give credence to sentimentality and conveys sharp observations as it ponders on the local social effects of the refugee crisis which is thought to have not yet reached Iceland.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.