|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
ANTONIO LOPEZ 1970: SEX FASHION & DISCO
- Director: James Crump
- USA / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 90´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: James Crump
- Director of Photography: Robert O'Haire
- Editing: Nick Tamburri
- Cast: Katılanlar With: Jessica Lange, Grace Jones, Bob Colacello, Jerry Hall, Grace Coddington, Patti D’Arbanville, Karl Lagerfeld, Juan Ramos
- Producer: James Crump, Ronnie Sassoon
- Production Co.: Summetridge Pictures
- World Sales: Dogwoof
- 2017 DOC NYC Grand Jury Prize
In the ‘70s, fashion, disco, and sexual liberation was the public’s reaction to political scandals and the Vietnam War. Visionary fashion illustrator and one of the most influential names of New York and Paris fashion scenes, Antonio Lopez was not only one of the first hand witnesses of those days but also an influencer. The charismatic Lopez, who changed the future of popular culture with his liberating designs, was also instrumental in introducing many unforgettable stars to the fashion world from Jerry Hall to Grace Jones. The film, which chronicles the glamorous life, dazzling circle of friends, and provocative art of Lopez between 1969 and 1973, is a time capsule intent on taking us in to the heart of the sexual revolution, fashion, and disco.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.