|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Urszula Antoniak
- THE NETHERLANDS, POLAND / 2017 / DCP / B&W / 85´ / German, Polish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Urszula Antoniak
- Director of Photography: Lennert Hillege
- Editing: Nathalie Alonso Casale, Milenia Fiedler
- Cast: Jakub Gierszał, Andrzej Chyra, Christian Löber, Justyna Wasilewska
- Producer: Lukasz Dzieciol, Floor Onrust, Piotr Dzieciol
- Production Co.: Opus Film
- World Sales: Global Screen GmbH
- Turkish Rights: Sinema TV
- 2017 POLISH Film Festival Best Cinematography, Best Sound
In her latest feature, director Urszula Antoniak (Nothing Personal, Code Blue) tells a touching father and son story that poses questions about family, roots, homeland, and rootlessness. Beyond Words, which impresses with its black & white cinematography and highly stylized mood, centers on Michael, a Polish immigration lawyer who lives in Germany. One day he accidentally meets his father who he thought was dead. As father and son spend time together, Michael realises that it’s not only his family ties but also his roots that pain him. Beyond Words is a family drama and a unique film on immigration that questions nationalism through language.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.