|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Hubert Charuel
- FRANCE / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 90´ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Hubert Charuel, Claude le Pape
- Director of Photography: Sebastien Goepfert
- Editing: Julie Léna, Lilian Corbeille, Grégoire Pontécaille
- Music: Quentin Lepoutre
- Cast: Swann Arlaud, Sara Giraudeau, Bouli Lanners, Isabelle Candelier, Valentin Lespinasse, Clement Bresson, India Hair
- Producer: Stéphanie Bermann, Alexis Dulguerian
- Production Co.: Domino Films
- World Sales: Pyramide Films International
- Turkish Rights: Filmartı
- 2018 CÉSAR AWARDS Best Actor (S. Arlaud), Best Supporting Actress, Best Debut
Heightening suspense gradually, French writer-director Hubert Charuel depicts the struggles of small farmers in the face of big agribusiness with a cleverly written script and naturalistic narrative style. Pierre is a 30-something, quiet type who runs a small milk farm of his own. When one of his cows comes down with a flesh-eating virus, afraid that the authorities might destroy his entire herd, he slaughters the sick cow himself and discreetly buries it in his fields. However, keeping his secret from others, is not going to be easy. The debut fiction feature of Hubert Charuel, Bloody Milk had its world premiere at Cannes Critics’ Week at a special screening.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.