|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Jhonny Hendrix Hinestroza
- COLUMBIA, GERMANY, NORWAY, ARGENTINA, CUBA / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 88´ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: María Camila Arias, Jhonny Hendrix Hinestroza, Abel Arcos, Carlos Quintela
- Director of Photography: Soledad Rodríguez
- Editing: Anita Remón, Mauricio Leiva, Jhonny Hendrix Hinestroza
- Cast: Verónica Lynn, Alden Knight, Philipp Hochmair, Manuel Viveros
- Producer: Jhonny Hendrix Hinestroza, Román Paul, Gerhard Meixner, Dag Hoel, Juan Diego Villegas, Federico Eibuszyc, Barbara Sarasola-Day, Claudia Calviño
- Production Co.: Antorcha Films
- World Sales: Beta Cinema
- 2017 VENICE Venice Days Award
- 2017 MINSK Audience Award
As the Soviet Union disintegrates, Cuba is crushed under the embargo of the West. However, days go by slowly and quietly for the septuagenarians Candelaria and Victor Hugo. At the height of their melancholy silence, Candelaria finds a camcorder at the hotel where she works. The couple starts recording everything including their kisses and dances as this newfound device becomes a tool to rekindle their romance. Colombian Jhonny Hendrix Hinestroza derives inspiration from his own youth in Candelaria, which is a warm film full of emotions that heralds happy days not overshadowed by cares of life and emphasizes that love and zest for life has no age.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.