|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Andrei Cretulescu
- FRANCE, ROMANIA / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 119´ / Romanian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Andrei Cretulescu
- Director of Photography: Barbu Balasoiu
- Editing: Catalin Cristutiu
- Music: Massimiliano Nardulli
- Cast: Serban Pavlu, Radu Iacoban, Victor Rebengiuc, Ana Ularu, Dorian Boguta, Adrian Titieni, Ana Ciontea
- Producer: Velvet Moraru, Marie Legrand, Rani Massalha, Andrei Cretulescu
- Production Co.: Icon Production, Les Films du Tambour
- World Sales: Versatile Films
- 2017 MINSK Special Mention
A prime example of the rising new-Romanian cinema, Charleston, which premiered in the main competition of Locarno, is a “desperate love story that is sad, but not hopeless, funny, yet not happy,” according to director Andrei Cretulescu. The film is about a man, who, after losing his wife in a traffic accident, is going through the grieving process with his late wife’s lover. The debut feature of Andrei Cretulescu, a film critic and award-winning short film director, is a dark comedy that deals with themes of love, sadness, regret, and fate through an impossible love story and an unusual friendship.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.