|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Hong Sang-soo
- SOUTH KOREA / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 68´ / English, Korean, French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Hong Sang-soo
- Director of Photography: Lee Jinkeun
- Editing: Hahm Sungwon
- Music: Dalpalan
- Cast: Kim Min-hee, Isabelle Huppert, Chang Mi-hee, Jung Jin-young, Yoo Hee-sun, Lee Wan-min, Kang Taeu
- Producer: Hong Sang-soo
- Production Co.: Jeonwonsa Film Co.
- World Sales: Finecut
- Turkish Rights: Bir Film
In his new film, South Korean star director Hong Sang-soo follows two women, who meet during Cannes Film Festival. One of the women is a Parisian teacher named Claire who believes that she can change the lives of people she photographs. The other is Manhee, a recently fired film sales assistant. Directing his favorite actress Kim Min-hee and Isabelle Huppert, with whom he worked in 2012’s In Another Country, Sang-soo examines the effects of art and cinema on people through the sweet conversations these two lonely women. One of the two films by Sang-soo that premiered at Cannes in 2017, Claire’s Camera is another light, frank, and elegant work from the director.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.