|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Andrés Goteira
- SPAIN / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 85´ / Galician; Turkish, English, Spanish s.t.
- Screenplay: Andrés Goteira
- Director of Photography: Lucia C. Pan
- Editing: Juan Galiñanes, Andrés Goteira
- Music: Germán Díaz
- Cast: Melania Cruz, Carlos Blanco, Ivan Marcos, Antonio Duran "Morris," Miguel de Lira
- Producer: Suso López
- Production Co.: Gaita Filmes, Pixel Films
- World Sales: Stray Dogs
Dhogs, which is compared to the works of David Lynch and Michael Haneke as well as to Straw Dogs and even Holy Motors, is a horror film that toys with notions of destiny and fortune. The lines between victim, perpetrator, and witness intersect through a gas station in the middle of the desert, a desolate hotel, and ghastly events that stem from the deepest and darkest abysses of human nature. The first feature by Andrés Goteira, who hails from Galicia, Spain, is a master and slave film that mercilessly toys with viewers’ minds as it critics the insensitive society and features breath-taking panoramas and a unique atmosphere.
This film contain scenes depicting sexual situations and/or violence that might not be suitable for minors.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.