|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Ali Asgari
- IRAN, QATAR / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 89´ / Persian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ali Asgari, Farnoosh Samadi
- Director of Photography: Ashkan Ashkani
- Editing: Ehsan Vaseghi
- Cast: Sadaf Asgari, Amir Reza Ranjbaran
- Producer: Pouria Heidary Oureh, Ali Sadraie
- Production Co.: Three Gardens Film
- World Sales: New Europe Film Sales
- Turkish Rights: Siyah Beyaz
- 2017 LES ARCS Cineuropa Prize
- 2017 SINGAPORE Best Asian Feature, Best Actress
Director Ali Asgari, whose short films received awards at Cannes, Venice, and Sundance film festivals, continues to explore the pain and beauty of life in the daily struggles of his characters. Taking place over the course of a long and cold night, Disappearance observes a panorama of people as it follows two young lovers in Tehran run from hospital to hospital. The couple stumbles upon many obstacles brought on by bureaucracy and intolerance and slide into tragedy as they lose their youthful optimism. Asgari’s first feature length, which premiered at the Horizons section of Venice, questions Iran’s dysfunctional health care system as well as the moral stance of the country.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.