|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
NOS ANNÉES FOLLES
- Director: André Téchine
- FRANCE / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 103´ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Cédric Anger, André Téchiné
- Original Work: "La garçonne et l’assassin", Danièle Voldman & Fabrice Virgili
- Director of Photography: Julien Hirsch
- Editing: Albertine Lastera
- Music: Alexis Rault
- Cast: Pierre Deladonchamps, Céline Sallette, Grégoire Leprince-Ringuet, Michel Fau, Virginie Pradal, Mama Prassinos
- Producer: Michèle Pétin, Laurent Pétin
- Production Co.: ARP
- Print Source: Pascale Ramonda
To become the most sought-after female star of the scenes while being a soldier fighting at the front, being Suzanne while being Paul... Injuring himself to desert the army during the World War I, Paul disguises himself as a woman with the help of his wife, to avoid being caught by the police and drafted again. As Suzanne, his new personality, she attains fame in the bohemian nightclubs of Paris of the 1920s, telling her own story of army desertion. When a general amnesty is issued, Suzanne will need to decide if he will return to being Paul when the requirement is lifted now. André Téchiné, whose Being 17 was screened at the Festival earlier, describes his Cannes-premiering latest film as both “an odyssey of sexual identity” and “an extraordinary love story.”
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.