|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Giovanni Totaro
- ITALY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 91´ / Italian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Giovanni Totaro
- Director of Photography: Paolo Ferrari
- Editing: Andrea Maguolo
- Music: Giordano Corapi
- Producer: Simone Catania Francesca Portalupi
- Production Co.: Indyca, Zenit Arti Audiovisive, RAI Cinema
- World Sales: Deckert Distribution
Every summer on Palermo’s Mondello beach over one thousand cabins are built to host vacationers. These cabins provide perfect foil to hide the shame of losing social status due to the effects of the economic crises of recent years. Director Giovanni Totaro employs a very creative metaphor by scrutinising the economic crises in Italy through the microcosm of a beach as he makes a documentary about the struggles of middle-lower classes through the notion of vacation. Utilising humor as a cinematic weapon, Happy Winter is a vibrant and provocative documentary full of modern, ingenious ideas in the style of Ulrich Seidl.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.