|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Isabella Eklöf
- DENMARK / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 90´ / English, Danish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Johanne Algren, Isabella Eklöf
- Director of Photography: Nadim Carlsen
- Editing: Olivia Neergaard-Holm
- Music: Martin Dirkov
- Cast: Victoria Carmen Sonne, Lai Yde, Thijs Römer, Adam Ild Rohweder, Morten Hemmingsen
- Producer: David B. Sørensen
- Production Co.: Apparatur
- World Sales: Danish Film Institute (DFI)
Surely, there are many Europeans who prefer to vacation in Bodrum, but the Europeans in this film are neither honorable nor sympathetic. Carefree Sacha is the girlfriend of a Danish drug kingpin who is vacationing at a villa in Bodrum with his clan in tow. Lounging by the pool, gorging on ice cream and joyrides on a bike eventually lead her getting close with a Dutch man and things get sour. Clearly inspired by the atmosphere and mise-en-scènes of Ulrich Seidl’s films, Isabella Eklöf’s debut feature with its plot twists, rough scenes, critique of the consumer society, and disturbing displays of human condition, was much talked about at Sundance where it premiered.
This film contain scenes depicting sexual situations and/or violence that might not be suitable for minors.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.