|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Vodafone Red Galas
ISLE OF DOGS
- Director: Wes Anderson
- UK, GERMANY / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 101´ / English, Japanese; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Wes Anderson
- Director of Photography: Tristan Oliver
- Editing: Andrew Weisblum
- Music: Alexandre Despla
- Cast: Canlandırma Animation: Mark Waring Seslendirenler Voices: Bryan Cranston, Edward Norton, Liev Schreiber, Greta Gerwig, Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum, Scarlett Johansson, Courtney B. Vance, Kunichi Nomura
- Producer: Wes Anderson, Scott Rudin, Steven Rales, Jeremy Dawson
- Production Co.: American Empirical c/o United Talent Agency, Indian Paintbrush
- World Sales: Fox Searchlight Pictures
- Turkish Rights: TME
- 2018 BERLIN Best Director
Isle of Dogs, the latest by Wes Anderson–the master of toy-like sets, visual splendor and fairytale stories–which premiered at the opening of this year’s Berlinale, is a stop-motion animated film that takes place in Japan. Featuring an all-star voice cast, the protagonist of the film is a 12-year-old boy named Atari. When all the dogs of his hometown Megasaki are banished to Trash Island, he hops on a biplane and heads for the island to look for his beloved dog. The rest is an epic fairytale–a reflection of Wes Anderson’s boundless imagination–full of action, adventure, and emotions in which children and dogs are the heroes.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.