|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
KEŞANLI ALİ'S EPIC
- Director: Atıf Yılmaz
- TURKEY / 1964 / HDD / B&W / 90´ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Haldun Taner, Atıf Yılmaz
- Original Work: Haldun Taner
- Director of Photography: Çetin Gürtop
- Editing: Özdemir Arıtan
- Music: Yalçın Tura
- Cast: Fikret Hakan, Fatma Girik, Danyal Topatan, Aydemir Akbaş, Mualla Sürer, Hayati Hamzaoğlu, Hüseyin Baradan, Sami Hazinses, Osman Alyanak, Mürüvvet Sim, Mehmet Ali Akpınar, Nusret Ersöz
- Producer: Memduh Ün
- Production Co.: Uğur Film
- World Sales: Fanatik Film
- 1965 ANTALYA Second Best Film, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress
- 1965 IZMIR INTERNATIONAL FAIR Best Actor
Adapted from the play of the same title by Haldun Taner, one of the most prolific and accomplished names of the Republic-era Turkish literature, brings Taner together with legendary names in Turkish cinema; director Atıf Yılmaz, and producer Memduh Ün. This epic film, released in 1964 during an artistic boom in Turkish cinema, takes place in a slum called Sineklidağ. Filmed in Kuştepe and Hacı Hüsrev districts, Keşanlı Ali’s Epic is the story of Ali (Fikret Hakan) who chooses to be a cruel big shot in order not to be put upon after being released from prison. Keşanlı Ali’s Epic will be screened in commemoration of Fikret Hakan.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.