|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
MATAR A JESÚS
- Director: Laura Mora Ortega
- COLOMBIA, ARGENTINA / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 100´ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Laura Mora Ortega, Alonso Torres
- Director of Photography: James L. Brown
- Editing: Leandro Aste
- Cast: Natasha Jaramillo, Giovanny Rodríguez, Camilo Escobar, Carmenza Cossio, Juan Pablo Trujillo, José David Medina, Juan Camilo Cárdenas
- Producer: Diego F. Ramirez, Ignacio Rey, Maja Zimmerman
- Production Co.: 64-A Films, AZ Films
- World Sales: Latido Films
- 2018 PALM SPRINGS Cine-Latino Award
- 2017 KAHİRE CAIRO Best Director, FIPRESCI Prize
- 2017 CHICAGO Best New Director
Premiered at Toronto Film Festival, Killing Jesus portrays the collapse of the Colombian social structure under the influence of drug cartels through a revenge story. The film follows Lita, whose human rights activist father is assassinated. Upon seeing the reluctance of the authorities, college student Lita decides to take matters into her own hands despite the merciless Medellin cartel. This vigorous drama inspired by the terrifying childhood memories of director Laura Mora, features amateur actors in order to preserve primarily the realism of gang slang and cartel dynamics.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.