|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Gustavo Rondón Córdova
- VENEZUELA, CHILE, NORWAY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 82´ / Spanish; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Gustavo Rondón Córdova
- Director of Photography: Luis Armando Arteaga
- Editing: Gustavo Rondón Córdova, Andrea Chignoli, Cristina Carrasco
- Music: Alejandro Zavala
- Cast: Giovanny Garcia, Reggie Reyes
- Producer: Natalia Machado, Marianela Illas, Rubén Sierra, Rodolfo Cova
- Production Co.: La Pandilla Producciones, Cine Cercano, Factor RH
- Print Source: Pascale Ramonda
- 2017 LIMA Best Film
- 2017 SANFIC (CHILE) Best Film
- 2017 BİARRİTZ FESTIVAL AMÉRIQUE LATINE Best Film
- 2017 KINENOVA (SKOPJE) Best Film
La Familia tells the story of a single father who is trying to raise his 12-year-old son in the ever hardening economic conditions of Venezuela. Andrés can barely make ends meet and is fully aware of the fact that he isn’t showing enough attention to his son, but in order for them to get closer and be a family again the ties that bind them must be completely severed first. Taking place on the gang-ridden streets of Caracas, the film fortifies its realism with its rough, expressive and hard aesthetic. Premiered at the Critics’ Week section of Cannes, La Familia is the feature length debut of Venezuelan director Gustavo Rondón Córdova.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.