|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Savi Gabizon
- ISRAEL / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 103´ / Hebrew; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Savi Gabizon
- Director of Photography: Asaf Sudri
- Editing: Tali Helter-Shenkar
- Cast: Shai Avivi, Asi Levi, Neta Riskin, Yoram Tolledano, Shimon Mimran
- Producer: Chilik Michaeli, Avraham Pirchi, Tami Leon, Savi Gabizon, Moshe Edry, Leon Edry
- Production Co.: United Channel Movies, United King Films
- World Sales: Films Boutique
- 2017 ISRAELI FILM ACADEMY Best Screenplay
Israeli director Savi Gabizon, known for his blockbusters that treat dramatic stories with humorous touches, returns after a 14-year hiatus with Longing, which he describes as “an extremely sad comedy that attempts to examine parenthood.” During a surprise meeting, Ariel learns from his ex-college girlfriend that she had a son from their relationship 20 years ago. Ariel’s world is turned upside down and the audience witnesses his self-rediscovery as he gets to know the world anew. The opening film of the Venice Days section of the Venice Film Festival, Longing is a warmly melancholic film full of surprises treating the fragility of human soul through the notion of family.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.