|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
LOVE ME NOT
- Director: Alexandros Avranas
- GREECE, FRANCE / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 99´ / Greek; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Alexandros Avranas, Kostas Peroulis
- Director of Photography: David Pimm
- Editing: Christos Giannakopoulos
- Cast: Eleni Roussinou, Christos Loulis
- Producer: Christos V. Konstantakopoulos, Kristina Larsen
- Production Co.: Faliro House, Les Films du Lendemain
- World Sales: Elle Driver
Alexandros Avranas, whom the festival-goers know from Miss Violence, once again focuses on the Greek society in the grip of financial and ethical collapse. A couple hires a young immigrant to be their surrogate mother. The young woman moves in with them in their villa and starts getting to know the couple while trying to get used to this new luxury lifestyle. Things seem to go okay at first, but an accident turns everything upside down. Starting off as a social drama Love Me Not then evolves into a thriller and lastly delves into horror, and forces viewers to question the ethical boundaries through its disturbing, inspired-by-real-events script and its relentless social critique.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.