|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Josephine Decker
- USA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 90´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Josephine Decker
- Director of Photography: Ashley Conno
- Editing: Josephine Decker, Harrison Atkins
- Music: Caroline Shaw
- Cast: Helena Howard, Molly Parker, Miranda July, Okwui Okpokwasili, Felipe Bonilla, Lisa Tharps
- Producer: Krista Parris, Elizabeth Rao
- Production Co.: Parris Pictures
- World Sales: Visit Films
“The emotions you are having are not your own, they are someone else’s. You are not the cat — you are inside the cat.” How do we separate mental illness from adolescent temper or role play from real life? Where do we set the boundaries of creativity? Madeline is a teenage girl who is battling an illness that takes hold of her mind and soul. Smothered by her mother’s love, she transforms into someone else on the theatre stage, but is she really Madeline when she is Madeline? In Josephine Decker’s third feature, which premiered at Sundance, director-actress Miranda July and Helena Howard give exceptional performances as mother and daughter.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.