|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Dario Albertini
- ITALY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 97´ / Italian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Simone Ranucci, Dario Albertini
- Director of Photography: Giuseppe Maio
- Editing: Sarah McTeigue
- Music: Ivo Parlati, Dario Albertini, Sarah McTeigue, Michael Brunnock
- Cast: Andrea Lattanzi, Francesca Antonelli, Giulia Elettra Gorietti
- Producer: Angelo Barbagallo, Matilde Barbagallo, Timvision
- Production Co.: Bibi Film
- World Sales: Le Pacte
- 2017 GIJON FIPRESCI Prize
- 2017 MONTPELLIER Best Film, Critics Prize
There’s no place for the carefreeness of being 18 and viridity of youth in Manuel’s life. Now that he is of legal age, he has to move out of his foster home. If his incarcerated mother gets the option of house arrest, he has to shoulder the responsibility. As a son and a boy who just became of age, can Manuel face the difficulties of growing up in the real world and retain freedom for both his mother and himself? Manuel, which premiered at Venice, is the feature debut of photographer and documentarian Dario Albertini.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.