|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
MEKTOUB, MY LOVE: CANTO UNO
- Director: Abdellatif Kechiche
- FRANCE, ITALY, TUNISIA / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 180´ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Abdellatif Kechiche, Ghalya Lacroix
- Original Work: François Bégaudeau
- Director of Photography: Marco Graziaplena
- Editing: Nathanaëlle Gerbeaux, Maria Giménez Cavallo
- Cast: Shaïn Boumedine, Ophélie Bau, Salim Kechiouche, Lou Luttiau, Alexia Chardard, Hafsia Herzi, Kamel Saadi, Estefania Argelich
- Producer: Abdellatif Kechiche
- Production Co.: Quat Sous Films, Good Films, Lablebi Films
- World Sales: Pathé
- Turkish Rights: Fabula Films
- 2017 VENICE Best Production Manager, Online Critics Award
Anticipated for five years since director Abdellatif Kechiche’s sensual 2013 hit Blue Is the Warmest Color, which was screened at Filmekimi, Mektoub My Love: Canto Uno had its premiere at Venice Film Festival. Adapted to screen from the novel by François Bégaudeau, the author of The Class, the film follows Amin, an aspiring screenwriter. Traveling from Paris to the south of France to his parents’ house at Sète, Amin spends his days between the bars and the beaches during his summer holidays. Just as he falls in love with Jasmine, he also meets a producer who might ensure the realisation of his first film. Mektoub, My Love is warm as the summer sun, intense, sensual, and full of tequila and 1990’s pop.
This film contain scenes depicting sexual situations and/or violence that might not be suitable for minors.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.