|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Human Rights In Cinema Competition
MUHI – GENERALLY TEMPORARY
- Director: Rina Castelnuovo-Hollander, Tamir Elterman
- GERMANY, ISRAEL / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 87´ / Hebrew, Arabic; Turkish, English s.t.
- Director of Photography: Avner Shahaf, Tamir Elterman, Oded Kirma, Rina Castelnuovo-Hollander
- Editing: Joëlle Alexis
- Music: Ran Bagno
- Producer: Hilla Medalia
- Production Co.: Medalia Productions
- World Sales: go2films
- 2017 DOCAVIV Best Debut Film
- 2017 DOK LEIPZIG Golden Dove
-2018 THESSALONIKI DOC. FF Amnesty International Special Mention
-2018 MILLENIUM (Brussels) Audience Award
Muhi is a seven year-old Gazan boy whose arms and legs are amputated due to a rare disease. He lives in an Israeli hospital with only his grandfather and an Israeli humanitarian volunteer by his side. He misses his family in Gaza, which he has to pass through three checkpoints (one Israeli, two Palestinian) in order to visit. He is an intelligent kid whose happiness defies expectations. Directors Rina Castelnuovo-Hollander and Tamir Elterman followed Muhi for six years, whose visa status is “Generally Temporary”. He valiantly clings to life as a unique metaphor for the conflict between two sides that can’t see eye to eye in the Middle East.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.