|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Christophe Agou
- FRANCE / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 99´ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Christophe Agou
- Director of Photography: Christophe Agou
- Editing: Virginie Danglades
- Music: Stuart A. Staples
- Producer: Aurelie Bordier, Pierre Vinour
- Production Co.: Les Enragés
- Print Source: Pascale Ramonda
No Farewells, which observes the peaceful lives of villagers in the Forez Mountains, France, proposes that maybe technology and non-stop mechanisation are not all that good after all. Focusing mostly on the daily routines of Claudette, a 75-year-old farmer who is trying to resist the consumer society, and her neighbours, the film laments the fading of this culture, lifestyle, and small farmers, while providing a mental exercise on memory, passage of time, and loneliness. Directed by Christophe Agou, who passed away in September 2017 during post-production, No Farewells premiered at the independent ACID section of Cannes. The film features music by Stuart A. Staples, frontman of British band Tindersticks.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.