|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Human Rights In Cinema Competition
- Director: Evangelia Kranioti
- FRANCE, GREECE / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 60´ / Portuguese; Turkish, English s.t.
- Director of Photography: Evangelia Kranioti
- Editing: Yorgos Lamprinos
- Producer: Evangelia Kranioti
- Production Co.: Tropical Underground
- World Sales: Syndicado
- 2018 BERLIN Teddy–Special Jury Award
Rio, the city of transformations, nightmares and dreams... What the night brings parade on the screen one after the other: in addition to young bodies, masks and make-up enliven the seedy underground of Rio. The camera, like a sleepwalker, hands over its consciousness to trans* narrator Luana Muniz–an icon of Brazil’s queer world. In her film, which premiered at Berlinale, Greek director Evangelia Kranioti, who is currently studying film in Paris, blurs the lines between poetry and essay, protests and carnivals, and genders just like she melds fiction with documentary.
This film contain scenes depicting sexual situations and/or violence that might not be suitable for minors.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.