|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Wim Wenders
- GERMANY, FRANCE, UK, USA / 1984 / DCP / Colour / 148´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: L. M. Kit Carson, Sam Shepard
- Director of Photography: Robby Müller
- Editing: Peter Przygodda
- Music: Ry Cooder
- Cast: Harry Dean Stanton, Nastassja Kinski, Dean Stockwell, Aurore Clément, Hunter Carson
- Producer: Anatole Dauman, Don Guest
- Production Co.: Road Movies Filmproduktion GmbH, Argos Films S.A
- World Sales: Hanway
- 1984 CANNES Palm d’Or, FIPRESCI Prize, Prize of the Ecumenical Jury
- 1985 BAFTA Best Director
The most touching of road movies, the most heartbreaking of dysfunctional family films, a Western without horses...With its extraordinarily beautiful, stripped back visuals and classic score by Ry Cooder, this masterpiece of a cult film has lost none of its appeal even decades after its release. A disheveled man wanders on the Texan Desert. His brother finds him and helps him get his memory back and reunite with his wife and son whom he left behind four years ago. Assistant directed by renowned French director Claire Denis, Paris, Texas is not only indisputably one of the best films of Wim Wenders, but also Harry Dean Stanton who passed away in September.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.