|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Nicolas Pesce
- USA / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 81´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Nicolas Pesce
- Original Work: Ryu Murakami
- Director of Photography: Zachary Galler
- Editing: Sofía Subercaseaux
- Cast: Mia Wasikowska, Christopher Abbott, Laia Costa, Maria Dizzia, Wendell Pierce
- Producer: Josh Mond, Antonio Campos, Schuyler Weiss, Jacob Wasserman
- Production Co.: Borderline Films
- World Sales: Memento Films
Nicolas Pesce’s follow-up to his first feature The Eyes of My Mother, opens with a psychotic man luring an escort into his hotel room with the intention of murdering her. However, carrying out his plan proves difficult since she proves to be more evil than he could have imagined. Premiered at Sundance, Piercing is a through and through horror/thriller with a feel of Dario Argento and Brian De Palma that cruelly toys with the psychology of sexuality and flirts with sadomasochism while fuelled by black comedy. Piercing is adapted from a novel by Ryû Murakami, who has also inspired Takashi Miike’s infamously super-shocking Audition.
This film contain scenes depicting sexual situations and/or violence that might not be suitable for minors.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.