|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Mani Haghighi
- IRAN / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 107´ / Persian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Mani Haghighi
- Director of Photography: Mahmoud Kalari
- Editing: Meysam Molaei
- Music: Peyman Yazdanian
- Cast: Hasan Majuni, Leila Hatami, Leili Rashidi, Parinaz Izadyar, Mina Jafarzadeh, Aynaz Azarhoosh, Ali Bagheri
- Producer: Mani Haghighi
- Production Co.: Dark Precursor Productions
- World Sales: Films Boutique
Iranian director Mani Haghighi, whose A Dragon Arrives was screened at the festival earlier, returns with a serial killer comedy that premiered at Berlin Film Festival’s main competition. The protagonist of the film, Hasan, is a director who has been blacklisted and hasn’t been allowed to make a film in years. Apart from his rage and discontent, he is even ignored by a serial killer who has been murdering directors in town. All these frustrations come to a head when, through a series of bizarre misunderstandings, he becomes the prime suspect in the serial murder case. The Iranian film industry, social media, artist ego, and the PR world are all under the prickly scrutiny of Haghighi’s surreal black comedy and social satire, where dreams and reality merge.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.