|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Anne Fontaine
- FRANCE / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 115´ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Anne Fontaine, Pierre Trividic
- Director of Photography: Yves Angelo
- Editing: Annette Dutertre
- Cast: Finnegan Oldfield, Isabelle Huppert, Vincent Macaigne, Grégory Gadebois, Catherine Salée, Catherine Salée, Jules Porier, Charles Berling
- Producer: Philippe Carcassone, Pierre-Alexandre Schwab,
- Production Co.: Ciné@, P.A.S. Productions, F Comme Film, Jean-Louis Livi
- World Sales: TF1
- 2017 VENICE Queer Lion
Master French director Anne Fontaine’s new film tells the story of a runaway kid who escapes his depressing village home life in the hopes of becoming an actor. Along with deep-rooted intolerance in society, Fontaine focuses on the education system that is forced upon children through their gender roles and which ostracises them when they don’t conform to norms. The film follows Marvin from his childhood through his 20s as it paints a detailed portrait of a young man with dreams. Finnegan Oldfield is commanding in the titular role opposite Isabelle Huppert, who gives a lively performance playing herself.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.