|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
RYUICHI SAKAMOTO: CODA
- Director: Stephen Nomura Schible
- USA, JAPAN / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 102´ / Japanese, English; Turkish, English s.t.
- Director of Photography: Tom Richmond, Neo Sora
- Editing: Hisayo Kushida, Yuji Ohshige
- Producer: Yoshiko Hashimoto
- Production Co.: Cineric, Inc., Borderland Media, Documentary Japan, Inc,
- World Sales: Doc & Film International
One of the most important artists of our era, Ryuichi Sakamoto has had a prolific career spanning over four decades, from techno-pop stardom to Oscar-winning film composer. The evolution of his music has coincided with his life journeys. Following Fukushima, Sakamoto became an iconic figure in Japan’s social movement against nuclear power. As Sakamoto returns to music following cancer, his haunting awareness of life crisis leads to a resounding new masterpiece. The making of this documentary began in 2012 when the wounds of the earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster were still relatively new. Ryuichi Sakamoto: Coda is an intimate portrait of both the artist and the man.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.