|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Matan Yair
- ISRAEL, POLAND / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 90´ / Hebrew; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Matan Yair
- Director of Photography: Bartosz Bieniek
- Editing: Dov Steuer
- Music: Yishai Adar
- Cast: Asher Lax, Yaakov Cohen, Keren Berger, Ami Smolarchik
- Producer: Gal Greenspan, Roi Kurland, Stanislaw Dzeidzic, Moshe Edry, Leon Edry
- Production Co.: Green Productions, Film Produkcja, United King Films
- World Sales: New Europe Film Sales
- 2017 JERUSALEM Best Cinematography–Special Mention, Best Israeli feature, Best Actor (A. Lax)
- 2017 SINGAPORE Best Asian Feature–Special Mention
In Scaffolding, director Matan Yair, who used to be a high school history and literature teacher to academically challenged kids, casts one of his students to play himself and takes an engrossing look at the institutions of education, masculinity, and family. 17 year-old Asher is preparing for his matriculation exams, but he is struggling with lack of concentration, and anger management issues. He works for his father’s scaffolding business and the only other father figure in his life is his teacher Rami, who is the only person who appreciates his dedicated efforts. However, this delicate arrangement cannot last forever. Premiered at the ACID section of Cannes, Scaffolding is the feature length debut of Matan Yair. Asher still works with his father erecting scaffolding in real life.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.