|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Bergman: 100 Years
SCENES FROM A MARRIAGE
SCENER UR ETT ÄKTENSKAP
- Director: Ingmar Bergman
- SWEDEN / 1973 / DCP / Colour / 301´ / Swedish ; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ingmar Bergman
- Director of Photography: Sven Nykvist
- Editing: Siv Lundgren
- Cast: Liv Ullmann, Erland Josephson, Bibi Andersson, Jan Malmsjö, Gunnel Lindblom, Barbro Hiort af Ornäs
- Producer: Lars-Owe Carlberg
- Production Co.: Cinematograph AB
- World Sales: Swedish Film Institute
- 1975 GOLDEN GLOBE Best Film in A Foreign Language
- 1974 NATIONAL SOCIETY OF FILM CRITICS (USA) Best Film, Best Screenplay, Best Actress(L. Ullman), Best Supporting Actress (B. Andersson)
Scenes from a Marriage, which marks a first in Bergman’s filmography with its focus on the ordinary lives of ordinary people, examines the lives of Marianne and Johan, a Swedish couple whose marriage has collapsed after ten years despite the love they have for each other. Broadcast on Swedish television as a six-part mini-series, Scenes from a Marriage was re-cut and the shorter version released theatrically the following year. Highly influential on many prominent directors from Woody Allen to Richard Linklater, Scenes from a Marriage will be screened at the Festival in its original edit.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.