|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
SHUT UP AND PLAY THE PIANO
- Director: Philipp Jedicke
- GERMANY, UK / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 82´ / English, French, German; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Philipp Jedicke
- Director of Photography: Marcus Winterbauer, Marcel Kolvenbach
- Editing: Henk Drees, Carina Mergens
- Music: Chilly Gonzales
- Cast: Katılanlar With: Chilly Gonzales, Peaches, Leslie Feist, Sibylle Berg, Jarvis Cocker, Kaiser Quartett, Joe Flory, Adam Traynor
- Producer: Stephan Holl, Antoinette Köster
- Production Co.: Rapid Eye Movies, Gentle Threat
- World Sales: Charades
- Turkish Rights: Fabula Films
Premiering at Berlin Film Festival’s Panorama section, Shut Up and Play the Piano traces the musical journey of one of the most original musicians of the indie music world, Chilly Gonzales–a Grammy-winning composer, virtuoso pianist, and entertainer. Criss-crossing between rap, electro and solo piano music, he inspires and collaborates with the likes of Feist, Jarvis Cocker, Peaches, Daft Punk and Drake. The documentary follows Chilly Gonzales from his native Canada to late ‘90s underground Berlin, and via Paris to the world’s great philharmonic halls, diving deep into the dichotomy of Gonzales’ stage persona and personal life.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.