|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
No More Flowers
SO HELP ME GOD
NI JUGE NI SOUMISE
- Director: Jean Libon, Yves Hinant
- FRANCE, BELGIUM / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 99´ / French; Turkish, English s.t.
- Director of Photography: Didier Hill-Derive
- Editing: Françoise Tourmen
- Producer: Bertrand Faivre
- Production Co.: The Bureau, Artemis Productions
- World Sales: The Bureau
Judge Anne Gruwez of Brussels is an outspoken woman full of surprises. With her unusual approach to defendants and cases, she surprises people while gaining their admiration with her common touch and uncompromising stance. Directed by Yves Hinant and Jean Libon, the creators of cult docu-show Strip-Tease, which has been on the air in France and Belgium for 20 years, this documentary paints a tragicomical portrait of the Belgium judicial system as it observes Judge Gruwez on the bench. Using an unfiltered language and bordering fiction with its potent black humor, the politically incorrect So Help me God premiered at San Sebastian Film Festival.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.