|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
SOLDIERS. STORY FROM FERENTARI
SOLDATII. POVESTE DIN FERENTARI
- Director: Ivana Mladenovic
- ROMANIA, SERBIA, BELGIUM / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 119´ / Romanian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ivana Mladenovic, Adrian Schiop
- Director of Photography: Luchian Ciobanu
- Editing: Catalin Cristutiu
- Cast: Adrian Schiop, Vasile Pavel-Digudai
- Producer: Ada Solomon, Jelena Mitrovic, Cassandre Warnauts, Jean Yves Roubin
- Production Co.: Hi Film Productions, Film House Bas Celik, Frakas Productions
- World Sales: Beta Cinema
- 2017 CPH PIX Best New Talent–Special Mention
- 2018 TROMSO FICC Prize
Taking place in the outskirts of Bucharest, Soldiers is a taboo-busting, boundary-pushing, unusual love story. In order to study manele music Adi, a shy forty-something, moves in to the notorious Ferentari neighborhood where he meets ex-con Alberto. The duo begins an unexpected romance and unlikely mechanisms of power and dominance emerge between the two once they fall into the grip of poverty. For these two men from disparate classes, the road to peace is always blocked in the Romani ghetto of Ferentari where living conditions are taxing both economically and socially. Soldiers is the debut feature of Serbia-born Bosnian director Ivana Mladenović who also appeared in Radu Jude’s Scarred Hearts.
This film contain scenes depicting sexual situations and/or violence that might not be suitable for minors.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.