|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
SONG OF GRANITE
- Director: Pat Collins
- IRELAND / 2017 / DCP / B&W / 104´ / Irish, English; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Pat Collins, Eoghan Mac Giolla Bhride, Sharon Whooley
- Director of Photography: Richard Kendrick
- Editing: Tadhg O'Sulliva
- Music: Delphine Measroch
- Cast: Macdara Ó Fatharta, Mícheál Ó Confhaola, Jaren Cerf, Pól Ó Ceannabháín, Colm Seoighe
- Producer: Alan Maher, Jessie Fisk, Martin Paul-Hus
- Production Co.: Marcie Films
- World Sales: Visit Films
- 2017 GALWAY Best Cinematography
The engrossing life story of legendary Irish folk musician Joe Heaney is told through the magic of music and fairytale nature of Ireland in Song of Granite. Directed by renowned documentarian Pat Collins, the film chronicles Heaney’s life from his humble beginnings in the countryside to his becoming the most popular sean-nós singer in the 60s’ Ireland. Ireland’ Oscar nominee, Song of Granite features real archival footage and three different actors playing Heaney. With its structure blurring the line between documentary and fiction and its unique light, the film is compared to Tarkovsky’s work.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.