|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Architectural Utopias – Cinematic Distopias
- Director: Andrei Tarkovsky
- RUSSIA / 1979 / DCP / Colour / 162´ / Russian; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Arkadiy Strugatskiy, Boris Strugatskiy
- Original Work: Arkadiy Strugatskiy, Boris Strugatskiy
- Director of Photography: Aleksandr Knyazhinskiy
- Editing: Lyudmila Feyginova
- Music: Eduard Artemev
- Cast: Aleksandr Kaydanovskiy, Anatoliy Solonitsyn, Nikolay Grinko, Alisa Freyndlikh, Natalya Abramova
- Producer: Aleksandra Demidova
- Production Co.: Mosfilm
- World Sales: Mosfilm
- 1980 CANNES Ecumenical Jury Prize
Considered to be legendary Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky’s masterpiece, Stalker stands tall as proof of the strength of cinematic language in an era before CGI. Revolving around a metaphysical journey to a forbidden region that two travelers take accompanied by a guide, the film is genuine sci-fi and a thorough mental exercise that breaks the mold with its plain but striking visuals. Stalker, which holds a mirror to the viewer as it focuses on human nature and its hopes, is an unparalleled and still relevant film, with its philosophical associations, that every film lover should watch.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.