|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Ofir Raul Graizer
- ISRAEL, GERMANY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 104´ / Hebrew, English, German; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Ofir Raul Graizer
- Director of Photography: Omri Aloni
- Editing: Michal Oppenheim
- Music: Dominique Charpentier
- Cast: Tim Kalkhof, Sarah Adler, Roy Miller, Zohar Strauss, Sandra Sade
- Producer: Itai Tamir, Mathias Schwerbrock
- Production Co.: Laila Films, Film Base Berlin
- World Sales: Films Boutique
- 2017 JERUSALEM Best Editing, Lia Van Leer Award
- 2017 KARLOVY VARY Award of Ecumenical Jury
Dough, bereavement, and love... According to Israeli-born, Berlin-based director Ofir Raul Grazier, his first feature tells “a story about people who don’t want to be defined by external identities,” and it follows a German baker and an Israeli widow who mourn after the same man. The Cakemaker, based on a melancholic love triangle, premiered at Karlovy Vary Film Festival, where it attracted attention for its nuanced take on the concepts of love, family, mourning, religion, complicated familial ties, and passion for food.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.