|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Robert Schwentke
- GERMANY, FRANCE, POLAND / 2017 / DCP / B&W / 118´ / German ; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Robert Schwentke
- Director of Photography: Florian Ballhaus
- Editing: Michal Czarnecki
- Music: Martin Todsharow
- Cast: Max Hubacher, Milan Peschel, Frederick Lau, Alexander Fehling
- Producer: Frieder Schlaich, Paulo Branco, Piotr Dzieciol, Ewa Puszczynska Lakowa
- Production Co.: Filmgalerie 451, Alfama Films Production, Opus Film
- World Sales: Alfama Films
- 2017 SAN SEBASTIAN Best Cinematography
- 2017 LES ARCS Audacity Prize, Press Prize–Special Mention, Young Jury Prize
-2018 KINO PAVASARIS (Vilnius) FIPRESCI Prize
Can a uniform awaken a desire for power in a man? The Captain tells the story of a Nazi deserter named Herold, who stumbles upon a captain’s uniform during the last days of the World War II, and how this find changes his personality and life. Inspired by real people and events, the film observes what a man crushed under a military regime can do when he gains the reins of power, and paints the portrait of darkness that resides deep in us all. With its striking black & white visuals that sear the mind, The Captain serenely shows the cold and savage face of war and lust for power.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.