|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Human Rights In Cinema Competition
- Director: Kenan Kavut
- TURKEY, GERMANY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 97´ / Turkish, Arabic; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Kenan Kavut
- Director of Photography: Florent Herry
- Editing: Naim Kanat, Agnieszka Glinska
- Cast: Ali Suliman, Jale Arıkan, Mustafa Avkıran, Muhammed Cangören, Burak Çimen
- Producer: Kenan Kavut, Yeşim Ustaoğlu
- Co-Producer: Titus Kreyenberg
- Production Co.: K2, Ustaoğlu Film Production
- World Sales: Ustaoğlu Film Production
- 2018 ISTANBUL National Competition -- Best Cinematographer (Florent Herry)
Syrian immigrant Cabir is stranded at the Turkish-Greek border while escaping from his war-torn homeland. Trying to cross the river border, he barely escapes a raid by the security forces. During his frantic search for food, he accidentally kills a man. On the verge of losing his mind because of high fever and an overwhelming feeling of guilt, Cabir is saved by Aliye, a Turkish woman, who lives with her husband, close to the border. In time, these two lonely souls who cannot even speak a common language, find refuge with each other.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.