|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
- Director: Emre Yeksan
- TURKEY, GERMANY, GREECE / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 110´ / Turkish; English s.t.
- Screenplay: Emre Yeksan, Ahmet Büke
- Director of Photography: Jakub Giza
- Editing: Selda Taşkın
- Music: Ekin Fil
- Cast: Ulaş Tuna Astepe, Ahmet Melih Yılmaz, Serpil Gül, Müfit Kayacan, Merve Dizdar, Damla Ardal, Cem Zeynel Kılıç
- Producer: Anna Maria Aslanoğlu
- Co-Producer: Cihan Aslı Filiz, Dirk Engelhardt, Maria Drandaki
- Production Co.: istos film, Bir Film, Kundschafter Filmproduktion, Homemade Films
- World Sales: istos film
- 2018 ISTANBUL National Competition -- FIPRESCI Prize
- 2017 ADANA Special Jury Prize
Through an environmental disaster that renders the city unliveable, The Gulf tells the story of the transformation that Selim, a recently divorced 30-something, goes through after returning home to Izmir from Istanbul. Every passing day Selim unearths traces of his past in Izmir and starts discovering a new world. Meanwhile, an accident in the gulf deeply affects life in the city. The Gulf reminds us that brand new possibilities might arise at a time when we give up on everything.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.