|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
Vodafone Red Galas
THE HAPPY PRINCE
- Director: Rupert Everett
- GERMANY, BELGIUM, ITALY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 105´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Rupert Everett
- Director of Photography: John Conroy
- Editing: Nicolas Gaster
- Music: Gabriel Yared
- Cast: Rupert Everett, Colin Firth, Emily Watson, Tom Wilkinson, Edwin Thomas, Benjamin Voisin, Antonio Spagnuolo, Tom Colley, Béatrice Dalle
- Production Co.: maze pictures, Entre Chien et Loup, Palomar, cine plus Filmproduktion
- World Sales: Beta Cinema
Celebrated English actor Rupert Everett (My Best Friend’s Wedding, Shakespeare in Love) goes behind the camera as well as playing his personal hero Oscar Wilde in The Happy Prince. Premiered at Berlinale, the film follows Wilde during his final years after his release from prison on indecency charges for being gay. As a now disgraced man, he travels through Europe under different aliases but manages to keep his elegance, honour, wit, and creativity intact as he runs out of health and money.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.