|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
THE MISEDUCATION OF CAMERON POST
- Director: Desiree Akhavan
- USA / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 103´ / English; Turkish s.t.
- Screenplay: Desiree Akhavan, Cecilia Frugiuele
- Original Work: Emily M. Danforth
- Director of Photography: Ashley Connor
- Editing: Sara Shaw
- Music: Julian Wass
- Cast: Chloë Grace Moretz, Sasha Lane, Forrest Goodluck, Jennifer Ehle
- Producer: Michael B. Clark, Cecilia Frugiuele, Jonathan Montepare, Alex Turtletaub
- Production Co.: Beachside Films, Parkville Pictures
- World Sales: Elle Driver
- Turkish Rights: Paz Film Ajansı
- 2018 SUNDANCE US–Grand Jury Prize Dramatic
The writer-director and star of 2014’s Appropriate Behavior, Desiree Akhavan’s Sundance-Awarded film is adapted to screen from Emily Danforth’s acclaimed novel and tells a warm and original coming-of-age tale. The eponymous heroine of the film, Cameron Post is the model girl in high school until she is caught with another girl on prom night and shipped to a “conversion therapy” centre, where she is subjected to a series of methods including discipline, morality and “de-gaying”. But she acquires herself a group of peers here whom she befriends. Telling of a teenager girl who stands up for the integrity of her identity and personality, The Miseducation of Cameron Post is a touching and honest film like a “conversion therapy” version of One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.