|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
THE PRINCE OF NOTHINGWOOD
- Director: Sonia Kronlund
- FRANCE , GERMANY / 2017 / DCP / Colour / 85´ / French, Dari; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Sonia Kronlund
- Director of Photography: Alexander Nanau, Eric Guichard
- Editing: Sophie Brunet
- Producer: Laurent Lavolé, Mélanie Andernach
- Production Co.: Gloria Films, Made in Germany
- World Sales: Pyramide Films International
- 2017 BIOGRAFILM First Feature–Mention, Life Tales Award
- 2017 FIUMICINO Best Documentary
Actor, producer and director Salim Shaheen is such a true cineaste that he continuously makes Z-grade films in his war-torn native Afghanistan. Following his childhood dream, Shaheen has made 110 films with his equally eccentric crew and actors over the course of 30 years. French radio journalist Sonia Kronlund brings the exhilarating, amusing and unbelievable story of this eccentric, idealist, prolific, bright and cool man who is called the “Ed Wood of Afghan cinema” to the big screen. Nothingwood premiered at the Directors’ Fortnight section of Cannes.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.