|DATE&TIME||VENUE||ADD TO CALENDAR|
(*) The crew/cast will attend.
(°) This screening will begin later than announced due to the duration of the previous film.
THE REPORTS ON SARAH AND SALEEM
- Director: Muayad Alayan
- PALESTINE, THE NETHERLANDS, GERMANY, MEXICO / 2018 / DCP / Colour / 127´ / Arabic, Hebrew, English; Turkish, English s.t.
- Screenplay: Rami Alayan
- Director of Photography: Sebastian Bock
- Editing: Sameer Qumsiyeh
- Music: Frank Gelat, Charlie Rishmawi, Tarek Abu Salameh
- Cast: Adeeb Safadi, Sivane Kretchner, Ishai Golan, Maisa Abd Elhadi
- Producer: Muayad Alayan, Rami Alayan, Hans de Wolf, Hanneke Niens, Rebekka Garrido, Rodrigo Iturralde, Georgina Gonzalez, Alejandro Duran
- Production Co.: PalCine Production
- World Sales: Heretic Outreach
- 2018 ROTTERDAM Audience Award, Special Mention
A man and a woman from two disparate worlds meet at nights just to have sex. However, when they get caught, the extra-marital relationship between an Israeli woman and a Palestinian man causes tensions in the socio-politically divided Jerusalem. What is at stake is no longer just their marriage. The Reports on Sarah and Saleem, the second feature from Palestinian director Muayad Alayan, travels through the streets of Jerusalem and masterfully showcases this ancient city during night time.
This film was a Meetings on the Bridge participant.